======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ==== ======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ====
Earth to everyone – are y’all kidding me by not telling me about this Saved By The Bell theme restaurant opening in Chicago? I have not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, but six Facebook friends that have RSVP’d for the opening on June 1st in Chicago. Sure, I only casually Snapchat with a couple of these friends, and yeah, I live thousands of miles away from Chicago. But some things are worth flying in for, worth dropping everything and hitting the open road to get the sweet taste of a burger from The Max.
On top of it, it looks like this pop-up restaurant is only running during the month of June, so it’s not like I’ll just get around to going there the next time I’m in Chicago. Lollapalooza? Nope, closed. Bears-Lions game? Restaurant: closed. Blackhawks-Red Wings Stanley Cup Finals? Alright, maybe they’ll be open then. But fuck, guys. This is a small window that really limits my time trying to dominate at this place.
Like, the Facebook event makes it sound baller.
– Will be custom detailed to replicate the gangs favorite hangout, The Max…so bring your cameras & hop in one of our many photobooths!
– Full Kitchen to order some AC Sliders, Preppy BLT, Macaroni & Screech, Belding Fries, Miss Bliss Candied Bacon, Lisa Turtle Milkshake & more from one of our waiters/waitresses named Max or Kelly!
– Full bar with custom Bayside inspired booze & cocktails
– Daily Costume contests…..Show us your best Saved By The Bell-themed costume for a chance to win $100!
– Night time weekly events including themed karaoke, trivia, and 80s + 90s dance parties/contests, Zack Attack cover band. & more TBA!
– Q&A + Meet & Greets with TBA select past Cast Members!
– Open daily…come check out recreated scripts, hilarious tribute memorabilia, and random photo opps as we pay homage to (arguably) one of the most legendary shows to ever exist!
Full Bar? AC Siders? Miss Bliss Candied Bacon? If there’s a Kelly Ka-Shot-Ski hanging above the bar, I may never leave and personally fund it until we have franchises all over the world.
This is a warning to my friends out there who neglected to invite me to the event — you’re not dead to me, but you’re close. If you ever leave me out of something like this again, you’re not invited to my wedding which is going to be a who’s-who of Kid Rock fans, dudes with great hair, and a Motown cover band that’s going to play until two in the morning. Are those waters you want to test? I didn’t think so. Shape up or you’ll get left in the dust. .
Image via YouTube