Rick “Bash” Dalton
Company: Local Police Department
Relationship: Works out at your gym
Job: Police Officer
Position: Pitcher or centerfield
Relationship status: Single
Height: 6 foot 1
Weight: 195 pounds
• He’s 195 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal. This guy is absolutely ripped.
• You overheard him talking about his minor league baseball days at the gym. Could’ve gone all the way, but retired after Tommy John surgery in ’02.
• There’s YouTube footage of him competing in a softball home run derby in 2007. He fights the entire Canadian national team at the end.
• He hit .305/.375/.512 for the Arkansas Travelers in 2001.
• He even played a little bit of independent league ball as recently as 2012.
• He might be too good for rec league softball, but you have to dare to dream here.
Projected: Sell out for him. Hard pitch.
Outlook: “Bash” wants one last summer in the sun. He’s like the Shoeless Joe Jackson of the modern era. It’s doubtful that he has another professional run in him, as his prime is long gone. Give him a spot the next time he reps out 300 on the bench press and inquire about his interest in giving it one last shot. Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory last forever.