======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ==== ======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ====
Google Maps shared some of its traffic data with Mashable to see which freeways in the US are the worst. It’s a Murderer’s Row of bright red tail lights and shattered dreams. As I sit on my nightly commute home on the Interstate, I always wonder, could it possibly get worse? Apparently it can. These are the worst freeways in America. I’m so sorry, Hawaii.
- Interstate H-1 E, Kalihi-Palama in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Interstate 5 N, in San Diego, California
- California 2 E, in Los Angeles, California
- Lunalilo Freeway, Kalihi-Palama in Honolulu, Hawaii
- U.S. Highway 101, in Hollywood, California
- Interstate 278 W, in Sunnyside, New York
- Interstate 678 N, in Briarwood, New York
- Lunalilo Freeway, from Liliha to Kapalama in Honolulu, Hawaii
- US Highway 101 N, in downtown Los Angeles, California
- California 2 E, in Santa Monica and Glendale, California
For its size, Hawaii packs the most punch. It was inevitable that California was going to take up a good chunk of the list with FIVE freeways checking in on the list, all exclusively in SoCal. Hawaii, though. Jeez. It sounds like the entire state is in permanent gridlock. Mahalo, bitches.