“Welcome, friends.” I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’ve been waiting almost a year to hear Jimmy say, “a tradition unlike any other” 192 times a day. The only way we can appropriately celebrate is with a drinking game. Cheers!
Take One Drink If The Following Happens:
1. Jim Nantz says, “a tradition unlike any other”…duh.
2. Anytime someone mentions Tiger’s absence.
3. Anytime someone says, “Magnolia Lane,” “Amen Corner,” “Butler Cabin,” or “Rae’s Creek.”
4. Did you know that the Eisenhower Tree was cut down? Drink.
5. You hear the Masters theme song.
6. Nick Faldo starts making a run.
7. Someone mentions Jack Nicklaus’s major wins record and/or someone mentions Tiger breaking this record.
8. Did someone just mention Condoleezza Rice is now a member, or that there are now not one, but TWO female members of Augusta National? Drink.
9. Whenever someone shows a Tiger Woods highlight.
10. Fred Couples starts playing games with our hearts and is “in the hunt” during the first two days–or if someone reminds us that he had to share a dorm room with Jim Nantz.
11. Any time some idiot shouts, “in the hole” or, “get in there” on a par 5 tee shot.
12. Anytime it’s mentioned that Steve Williams used to be Tiger’s caddy.
Take A Shot:
1. Any time someone mentions “Dufnering” or the camera cuts to Amanda Dufner. Take two shots if anyone brings up the Iron Bowl, because somehow it’s managed to make an appearance during every major sporting event this year.
2. Whenever someone makes an Eagle–preferably from a Crystal Goblet, just like the one said golfer will receive.
3. Ricky Fowler checks out any girl in the gallery.
4. The camera shows Phil’s shot from the Pine Straw.
5. Remember the year that Rory McElroy choked harder than anything we’ve ever seen? Shots, shots, shots.
6. Billy Payne gives an explanation on why it “was time to extend membership to women” at Augusta National.
7. Golf Boys is mentioned.
8. When anyone discusses Dustin Johnson and Paulina Gretzky’s engagement.
9. “Did you know that an amateur has never won the Masters?”
10. “Is this [insert aging, above average golfer]’s year?”
Finish Your Drink:
1. If someone makes a hole-in-one during tournament play.
2. Nick Faldo throws Greg Norman under the bus, in regards to the 1996 Masters and his collapse.
3. Tiger shows up in a Kenny Powers-esque way and plays.
4. If Fred Couples wins. Finish all the drinks.