======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ==== ======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ====
I’m no basketball expert, but all I’ve seen on social media for the past week is LeBron. He’s been shared endlessly on Facebook, trending on Twitter, and on the tongue of every sports anchor in America. From what I hear, he’s got it rough. “Should I live in Cleveland and make a shit ton of money, or should I live in Miami and make a shit ton of money?” Poor LeBron. You have yourself what we like to call a post grad problem. Yours is probably one of the most perplexing, right up there with “Which flavor of froyo should I get?” and “Should I wear Brooks Brothers or Vineyard Vines to the beach?” I understand, LeBron. We all have tough career choices to make every day. Let me share some of my work problems, and if you feel me, we should get together over a venti skinny no-foam extra-hot triple-shot salted caramel latte and discuss.
- Should I use my last $10 to get Chipotle for lunch, or should I eat those week-old leftovers and have money to buy a $7 bottle of wine tonight?
- Should I leave my entry-level salaried job at 5 and sit through two hours of traffic, or should I work, unpaid, until 7?
- Do I spend $25 a month to join a gym and run the risk of running out of gas on the highway at least once a month or just run for 30 minutes after work and have safe, reliable transportation?
- Do I stare blankly at my computer screen for hours, or do I put on Netflix and hope my boss actually stays at his lunch meeting for the whole two hours?
- Do I go out to happy hour with my coworkers, or do I buy groceries?
- Should I eat my sad little Lean Cuisine in the break room in front of my coworkers so they think I’m poor, or should I eat it by myself at my desk so they think I’m a hermit?
- Should I wear the shirt with the tiny grease stain because I skipped laundry day, or should I wear the shirt with more wrinkles than grandma because I don’t own an iron?
- Do I try to come up with an innovative new way to arrange the office files and risk getting the stink eye from everyone, or do I keep my nose down and never get noticed?
- Do I ask for a promotion and get laughed at, or do I keep working for $25,000 a year because my boss actually scares me?
Life is all about choices, LeBron. I know what you’re going through is tough, but I promise you, it gets better. Just hang in there, kiddo.