Any time your name is mentioned in the same story as adult diapers, something has gone horribly wrong. That’s exactly what happened to Kathy Rowe, one of “San Diego’s best 50 mothers” and now convicted stalker. After being outbid on her dream home, Ms. Rowe launched what can only be described as a deviant psychological warfare campaign against Mr. and Mrs. Rice, the winning bidders.
This absurd crusade included the following:
• Signing the buyers up for magazine subscriptions
• Sending them more than $1,000 worth of adult diapers
• Posting ads for fake parties at their home
• Posting their photos on “sex websites”
• Re-listing the house
• Sending out leaflets to neighbors warning them that a sex offender now lived on the block
• Sending out Valentine’s Day cards appearing to be from Mr. Rice to wives in the neighborhood
• Posting an online ad inviting local teens to a New Year’s Eve party at the home
• Posting an advertisement for a free firework giveaway at the home
• Posting internet ads advertising sex with Mrs. Rice, which included instructions for any takers to “force his way in the door”
Wow. Must’ve been some house. Surely this will end up as a Lifetime movie. Thankfully, Ms. Rowe was brought to justice after the sex ads were traced to her computer. This former highly decorated San Diego mother has now pleaded guilty to stalking and was sentenced to one year of home electronic surveillance and five years probation.
I may be the least liked person in San Diego County. A horrible, evil person who wanted to harm this nice couple. I did not intend to harm them.
That pretty much sums it up, Ms. Rowe. You should’ve quit after the diaper thing..
[via National Post]
Image via Shutterstock