We’re looking for remote writers to add to our already awesome freelance staff. If you’re out of college, funny, and take writing seriously, keep reading.
I like to play golf, drink ranch water, eat fajitas, and hang out with dogs. Will deFries hates Sundays, loves steak dinners, and would rather be at the pool than sitting at his desk. That’s who we are. It’s what we do. Male or female. We want it all. Just bring the heat.
If all you want to write about why being an adult is hard and how college was so much better, please don’t. I’ll throw up blood if I read another submission like that.
We understand that you very likely have a career already, and that’s great. We’d love for you to cover whatever industry you work in. With that being said, if you don’t think you’ll have time to produce steel beam melting content on a weekly basis, then this probably isn’t for you.
Why this is a great opportunity for you:
1. The Grandex network attracts millions of monthly visitors. If you want to get your work out there, this is your chance.
2. It’s a very fun way to earn drinking money.
3. If you’re an aspiring journalist, blogger, or writer of any sort, it’s a great way to get your foot in the door.
4. “Contributing Writer for Grandex, Inc” can be a great résumé addition, considering our vast audience. We’ll be happy to provide you with any statistics relating to your published work to include on your résumé. I’ll even be a reference for you. I’m great on the phone. Hiring managers love me.
5. If you needed to be convinced, this may not be for you. We need writers who are eager and looking to grind.
Here’s how the process works (read carefully):
1. Write an original column, or cover a story that you think we’d deem relevant to the brand. Don’t write a novel, and don’t completely mail it in with 300 words either. Most of the columns we publish are under a thousand words, but that’s not set in stone. If you know how to code, feel free to show us. Not required, though.
Your column should be funny, relatable, on-brand, and, most importantly, your own work. This is your chance to show us how funny and creative you are. Seize the opportunity. If you don’t think it stands out from the pack and blows us away, re-work it until it does.
Tip: Even though this brand started out as mainly office humor, that’s not all it is. You’re more than welcome to blow our doors off with a good workplace column, but don’t feel like you have to write about that.
2. Create an account on the site.
3. While logged in, submit the column to the site by clicking “Submit” on the top menu bar, then “Column” on the left menu bar. Paste your column in the text field and submit your work.
4. Include your email address in the title, in parentheses, so we can contact you. If you’re on Twitter or Instagram, include your handles so we can stalk and judge you. Will deFries started as a remote, and now he works here in Austin with us solely because we thought his golf swing looked legit in an Instagram pic.
5. If you want to send us a video (with your column) of you doing something awesome, go for it. Not required, but reading hundreds of columns can get old, and the occasional video application seems like a good way to mix it up. Could backfire. We’ll see about it.
If your column is deemed publish-worthy, you will be contacted by our staff to discuss your future as a potential writer for PGP. .
Image via YouTube