He may only read at a third-grade level but Floyd “Money” Mayweather made more than triple a third-grade teacher’s salary before the first jab was thrown on Saturday.
Estimated to have earned $180 million during his 12-round fight (read: dance) against Manny Pacquiao, simple math tells us he earned $83,333 per second ($180,000,000 divided by 2,160 seconds of fighting).
Yes, it’s okay to be disgusted and feel somewhat worthless. The average annual salary in the United States is only $44,888 and the majority of those people actually contribute to society.
Now, before you even think about feeling bad for Pacquiao for taking a 60-40 split in the earnings, it’s important to know he still made $55,555 every second, or $120 million total. So yeah, I’d say that much money every second is worth the pain of a torn rotator cuff and a year of rehab. Although, it may never heal the pain of disappointing an entire country where you’re considered a platinum singer, politician and famed actor in. He’s such a big deal there that the crime and drug rate actually stops when he fights.
Floyd does the exact opposite by fueling drunken idiots to see who can end up with the worst boxer’s fracture by the end of the night. But, at the end of the day, what else is there to do except blow off work and imagine what I could possibly spend $180 million on (which is a lot of stupid stuff):
• Put on nine private Victoria’s Secret Fashion Shows ($20 million production cost)
• Wake up in 120 new Bugattis (at $1.5 million for a Bugatti Veyron)
• Buy the rights of every Seinfield episode (Hulu just bought all 180 episodes for $875,000 each)
• Buy any Major League Soccer team just because I could (Seattle Sounders are the highest valued team at $175 million)
• Spend 180 nights doing shenanigans with the Burger King Mascot (Mayweather was paid $1 million to have him in his entourage)
But you get the point. It would be fun to have that much money..
Image via Shutterstock