News

America Dominates World In Pizza, Everything Else

IMG_0266

I don’t need to tell you guys how awesome pizza is. According to these Forbes statistics, you already know.

In just under two decades, per capita pizza consumption of pizza has gone up 41%. On your average eight slice pie, we’re talking three extra slices per person. Game recognize game.

In fact, on any given day, 13% of you consume pizza. Which begs the question what is wrong with the remaining 87% of you? I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you ate some variation of pizza, such as the calzone, pizza rolls, heck even pizza bagels if you’re in a festive mood.

Well, the 13% of ‘za enthusiasts are making up for the dispassionate by chomping down an individual average of 744 calories per sitting. But it doesn’t stop there. After forking down 744 calories of greasy goodness, 4% of the true fanatics roll out of bed for the breakfast of champions.

The seven most ordered toppings list actually has a few dark horses. I mean, there’re three vegetables featured here. This isn’t salad, people. This is fun food. Here’s your top seven: pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, sausage, bacon, extra cheese, and black olives. 40% of you animals don’t even need toppings, opting for the raw slice of plain cheese.

Pizza consumers get between 25% and 33% of their daily energy from pizza. In other words, if you’ve built up an appetite after hitting a small bucket at the driving range, go ahead and plant your face in stuffed crust. You need to refuel the tank.

From a nutritional perspective a daily serving of pizza accounts for 50% of consumers’ lycopene, 39% of saturated fat, 37% of calcium, and 35% of protein. So when you sit down for a slice or seven you’re getting like 1000% of nutrition. #fitness

[via Forbes]

Email this to a friend

5 Comments You must log in to comment, or create an account
Show Comments

For More Photos and Content

Latest podcasts

Download Our App

Take PGP with you. Get

New Stories

Load More