- You’ve learned to pounce on the best snacks in the pantry the first chance you get, even if you aren’t hungry.
- The day they were finally old enough to help with chores was one of the happiest in your life.
- You’ve ordered Diet Sprite with dinner as a child because you were tired of them copying you.
- You’ve perfected the art of asserting your dominance by using them as an armrest.
- There’s no argument that can’t be solved when there’s pizza for dinner.
- You know how it feels to be the coolest person in the universe in someone’s eyes.
- You always know how to pick the coolest Christmas presents.
- “Helping with homework” always turned into an argument or Nerf gun warfare.
- You never realized how fast they grew up until the moment that they became taller than you.
- You give the advice that Mom and Dad would never even consider.
- You know how it feels to tell someone Santa doesn’t exist.
- You’ve had the chance to introduce someone to the classic Nickelodeon cartoons.
- If throwing small people into a pool was an Olympic sport, you’d be a gold medal contender.
- You know the terror of accidentally sending someone you care about to the hospital.
- You’ve learned that you can never force someone to enjoy playing the same sports as you.
- You watched cartoons for years longer than the average person, and you loved every minute of it.
- You started hounding them about their college decision when they were only 14.
- You realized that you forgot every single thing you learned in your high school math classes.
- You’re an expert at pretending you know what you’re talking about when giving advice about the opposite sex.
- The day that you couldn’t pick them up anymore changed the way you looked at the world.
- You’ve made it your personal mission to make sure they have good taste in music.
- You understand the pressure of being a role model.
- It hurts to see, but you can’t help but laugh when they make the same mistakes you did.
- You’re constantly reminded of how cool you thought you were at their age.
- And, more importantly, how wrong you were.
- You’ve given the “In my day, we didn’t even have smartphones/Facebook/any of the cool stuff you guys do,” speech.
- You’ve realized that they know how to use the internet even better than you do.
- You remember every tiny detail about the day they were born.
- You regularly forget what grade they’re in, and are always shocked when they remind you.
- Your life back home improved significantly on the day they got their driver’s license.
- Your inside jokes have survived for years, and they still crack you up even if they’re not that funny.
- You’ve dealt with enough sleepover parties to learn to be as patient as Gandhi.
- You understand what it feels like to sneak someone their first beer…
- …and were instantly reminded of how disgusting your first beer tasted.
- Some of the best memories in your life start with “Don’t tell Mom.”
- No matter how far away you go, you know what it’s like to be someone’s hero.
Popular on PGP