When I was about 8 or 9 years old, I envisioned what my life would look like by the time I was 25. What I would have. Who I would know. The milestones I would hit and achievements I would attain. Stuff like that.
I’m now about to turn 24, and have hit the crushing disappointment and reality that none of these will likely happen in the next year, or they just flat out don’t even exist. My adolescent self assumed I’d be a multi-multi-millionaire (or billionaire) by this point, I guess. And that everything from the year 1998 would still be cool. Oh well. A kid can dream.
1. A castle house.
2. A pool with a giant water slide.
3. And a grotto, too.
4. A Coke machine in my house that would be completely free.
5. These cars…
6. A yacht.
7. A water jetpack.
8. A real jetpack.
9. A pet monkey.
10. A real version of the mask from Lost In Space.
11. A kitchen pantry fully-stocked with Dunkaroos, Fruit By The Foot, Gushers, and Pringles.
12. A job as a charismatic, high-powered lawyer.
13. A personal friendship with Michael Jordan.
14. A girlfriend/fiancé/wife that resembled Jennifer Aniston .
15. A passion-project rap album produced with/by Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff.
16. A guest-starring spot on an episode of Friends. (I don’t know why I thought it’d last 20 seasons.)
17. Membership at Augusta.
18. A home theater system made of a wall of stacked TVs.
19. A virtual reality gaming system.
20. A private jet.
21. Pretty much everything from the movie Richie Rich…
22. …and from the movie Blank Check.
23. The admiration and jealousy of my peers.
24. The respect of my parents.
25. And finally, the time, money, ability, and contentment to just do…nothing.