1. The path to success is hard and doesn’t tolerate whiners.
2. No one cares about you.
3. No one has time to hear your complaints.
4. Whatever accomplishments you do achieve are likely to go overlooked.
5. You’ll have to hold your tongue when your boss asks you what the problem is.
6. And bottle up your responses in silent protest.
7. It will make you angry.
8. And frustrated.
9. And leave you feeling defeated.
10. And make you want to go off the grid.
11. Or just make you want to give up entirely.
12. Your parents and friends will question your life choices.
13. You’ll go through lots of self-doubt.
14. And feel isolated by those around you.
15. But if you’re confident…
16. …and honest…
17. …and direct with people…
18. …and able to move on from the past…
19. …and pick your battles carefully.
20. Enjoy retribution…
21. And forgive the rest…
22. You’ll come to find that you just might make it out there in the real world.
23. And I’m out.