While some Republican try-hards were having a Big Dick Contest on Mackinac Island, Michigan-native Kid Rock was being a proper Michigander while showing up for jury duty in Pontiac, Michigan about four hours south.
Per The Detroit News:
“Kid Rock, a Clarkston resident less-well-known as Robert James Ritchie, fulfilled his civic duty and reported to the Oakland County Circuit Court in Pontiac for jury duty on Thursday morning.
Ritchie was dismissed from jury duty around 2:30 p.m., according to a clerk for Oakland County Circuit Judge Martha Anderson. She declined to give a reason for his dismissal, but said the questioning went smoothly.”
Add this to the list of reasons why Kid Rock is awesome outside of his kick-ass music, his unreal hair, and the fact that he sells beers for $5 at his always sold-out shows. Need a list of other reasons why Kid Rock is the perfect human? Here you go.
1. He created his own brand of beer, Badass Beer. And it’s awesome.
2. He throws perfect strikes.
3. He visited an assembly line in Flint, hung out with the workers, and drove a truck off the line.
4. He surprised a fan with down syndrome at his birthday party and chilled the most.
5. He called out the Billboard Music Awards for their shitty performances.
6. His alias at hotels is D.B. Cooper, the guy who hijacked a a plane in 1971, extorted hundreds of thousands of dollars in ransom, and has never been seen again.
7. He did a benefit concert with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra and raised over $1 million for them.
8. When Piers Morgan couldn’t open his beer on-air, he grabbed it from him and popped the top off with his lighter.
9. He can’t fathom Beyonce’s fame because, “How can you be that big without at least one ‘Sweet Home Alabama’?”
10. He also clarified that she has a “nice ass” but prefers “skinny white chicks with big tits.”
11. They asked him to remove the lyric “I’m going platinum” from Devil Without A Cause because he had yet to go platinum. And then the album went 11 times platinum.
12. He grew up on an orchard, helping his parents pick apples and tend to their horses before running away at 15.
13. He taught himself how to breakdance and DJ on a crappy turntable at age 11.
14. And then in high school, he’d DJ parties for beer.
15. For Christmas, he sent more than 1,100 care packages to overseas troops.
16. In 2011, he gave a total of $50,000 to various Detroit charities, including city recreation centers, a conservancy, a youth theater group, a youth training agency and Habitat for Humanity.
17. He regularly performs free shows for the troops overseas.
18. He gave a $5,000 check to a 17-year old Kentucky girl to help pay for her enrollment in a private school she otherwise couldn’t afford.
19. The banner he performed in front of on his Care tour included everything he cared about, such as Mother Earth, The Troops, The Working Class, My God, My Son Peace and Quiet, My Personal Integrity, Bringing the Troops Home.
Need I say more? .
[via Detroit News]
Image via YouTube