I tend to think I’m a relatively reasonable girl. I try not to do stupid things (that aren’t guaranteed fun) too often, and rarely jump on bandwagons. Okay, okay – I do have Snapchat and I own two pairs of high-waisted shorts – beyond that, I’m usually into doing my own thing. But I love selfies.
I somehow lucked into an office at work. I’m in a main hallway, but can rarely resist the urge to stand behind my door and take a few selfies every once in awhile. Or daily. There are so many things I should be doing instead, for instance:
- I should be working on that project that’s due in three hours. But good hair days outweigh actual responsibility sometimes.
- I need to update my resumé. Just in case my dream job shows up tomorrow/I get fired for wasting company time trying to find the perfect angle that shows my new highlights.
- After a busy few weeks, my office resembles a disaster area. I could clean it. But my eye makeup looks pretty good.
- I could take my car in to get the currently on check engine light diagnosed.
- I could get a replacement spare tire after my flat last week. I went on a road trip without one last weekend because I was “just too busy” to get to the tire store. I did manage approximately three selfies on Instagram, though.
- I need to online shop for furniture for my still empty apartment. It’s been four months.
- I need to finish updating those spreadsheets my boss asked me to look at two weeks ago before I was really busy. Ehhh…Excel will always be there, but this shirt may not look as cute next time I wear it.
- On Monday, I will hate myself for not updating my to-do list mid-week.
- I could finish my project, leave early and go to the gym. I’m supposed to run a 5K in two weeks and almost died the other day after three miles. I haven’t attempted exercise since this unfortunate event and everyone who follows any of my social media accounts is counting on me.
- 10. I could raid the office supply closet for good pens.
Inevitably, Instagram wins. Always. Because what if I lose my hair tomorrow?